4.27.2014

Home Sweet Home!!

If you could peak into our home right now, you would see most of us gathered around the kitchen island eating cold cereal. Nothing unusual about that, until you see the time. It's 4:30 am!! And we've been up an hour or more already.

Frustrating jet lag!! Wish there was a way to skip over that part! Steve & I haven't allowed ourselves any naps during the day so we could sleep all night. Only problem has been, we could sleep, but it's the toddlers who wake up at 1 am sounding as chirpy as a spring robin! Last night was so miserable... with us trying to convince them to go back to sleep, giving them sleep aid, they fussed and cried, tossing n turning (between us, to boot!) making us feel smothered like smooshed pancakes. It made me feel so grumpy! As long as we were focusing on going back to sleep we felt cross at them for preventing us, and the last thing the sweet littles need is cross parents, so this morning when the little roosters crowed we decided to rise and shine with them.

I will put on some coffee soon....and we'll see how this Sunday unfolds. Maybe by lunch we'll all be ready for a nap. Regardless, We are ALL SO HAPPY to be home! It was a hard grueling ride home, with delays on every flight and then in Chicago we missed our flight home to Watertown. Thankfully we were able to catch a flight into Syracuse about 2 hrs later. I was SO done with planes & airports till then! Steve's family picked us up at the airport and dropped us off at the Watertown airport where our van had been parked. Got to our house at 1 am and to bed by 2 am.

I dont think home ever looked so inviting before! As excited as we were about being home, and as much as we felt like touring through the whole house, we tried to stay low key to keep the toddlers from getting all stimulated. It partly worked! Hitting the shower was top on my list of priorities!

Javonn has been adapting well to his new surroundings. He's been busy exploring! I am finding stickers all over the house, on the tile, frig, windows etc! You dont even have to wonder who put them there!  It's been a challenge getting him to eat. He often refuses what we are eating and I start worrying that he's going to starve. But as long as we keep a stock of gold fish crackers around, that wont happen. lol

Kianna is starting to come out of her angry little shell since we are home. She loves being home in her familiar surroundings, away from prodding hands and camera snaps,  and is starting to see her new brother as a potential fun play mate, I do believe.

Well, I just wanted to let you know we are home. I can tell my life will be super busy with my little energetic twins, but I will try to update occasionally.

Need to go put on that coffee now.....  ((yawn!!))

2 comments:

  1. Steve, Esther and children,
    So glad you are back home safe and sound. I hope Esther can continue to blog once and a while to let us all know how you are doing. I am sure Natasha will be begging for a trip down to see you and help Esther. Love, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're home, safe and sound. :)

    ReplyDelete