11.15.2013

We said YES!

I am thrilled to be able to post that Steve & I have ACCEPTED the referral of a precious 21/2 yr old boy. He has a repaired cleft lip and pallete, and otherwise appears healthy. His biggest need is a loving daddy and mommy and a family to call his OWN! That would be US!

We are SO excited to be adding another boy to our family!

Today our Electronic Acceptance (EA) was sent to China. This was a formal letter we needed to write to China stating our desire to be approved to adopt this specific child, and to notify them of how we plan to care for his needs. We spent a couple hours one evening compiling and signing all the required documents to accept this file. I could hardly believe we were really at this stage!

So now we wait to receive our Referral Approval (RA) from China. This is the official letter that China sends us giving us approval/permission to adopt this child and his file becomes 'locked" for us.
As soon as we receive our RA I can post a picture of our darling treasure on this blog for you all to see!

Oh my! It is so exciting to feel like the end of this journey, as in the paperwork and waiting part, may be winding to an end. I know the real journey is yet to begin, and we walk into it with anticipation knowing God walks before us, and this is HIS doings.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! I'm so happy for you guys! (And me, of course. =))
    Yay! I can't wait to meet him! =) =) =)

    ReplyDelete